View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #58 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
Have always used Valvoline full synthetic oil in all of my cars and tractors...........and I would like for you explain one thing for me..........please...........You see you add two ounces of Motorkote for each cylinder........12 ounces for a Z..........and BEFORE you add the Motorkote the oil is to the FULL LINE...........Then you drive the car for about 10 minutes...........at the end of the ten minutes the oil is NO HIGHER ON THE STICK..........There is no smoke..........but you can tell right away how much less the engine noise is...........................Please tell me where the Motorkote goes.........no other addative does this.......??????????????????????????
I don't know, nor will I pretend to know. If it works for you, and you have a scientific explanation for it, great.

I had a 1996 Nissan D21 4x4 pick-up truck with 310,000KM's (192,600 Miles) !!! It was recently in a car wreck and the Insurance company would not repair it due higher cost than vehicle.

I had that truck for 20 years. After the first 5000 km on Conventional oil, I switched to Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic. Changing every 5000km with new Nissan filter for 20 years

Never leaked oil, never burned oil, never made metal, and compression remained the same as day 1 !!!!! Looking inside, under the rocker cover....No sludge, just normal used oil color.

Was it the oil?? Don't know. Was it the engine quality? don't know. Trust me, I did not baby that engine as far as driving goes. Just changed the oil and regular maintenance.

However, it would be fair for me to say that my diligence with oil changes and use of a "Higher quality" oil, had something to do with it. No additives, no mystery. Not going to show proof, just my experience.

I'm sure Motorkote is a fine product, but personally, I think you are wasting money. Get REDLINE 5W30 if you want to spend more than Valvoline.

I think if you do the math, a quart of Valvoline and your Motorkote will probably be equal or more than a quart of REDLINE or Nissan Ester oil.

They have the same wizardry for Piston Airplane engines: Aviation - Camguard

They all say the same thing.

BTW, are you a glider pilot?

Last edited by ZoomZ; 03-07-2017 at 04:50 PM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote