View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #55 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
Have always used Valvoline full synthetic oil in all of my cars and tractors...........and I would like for you explain one thing for me..........please...........You see you add two ounces of Motorkote for each cylinder........12 ounces for a Z..........and BEFORE you add the Motorkote the oil is to the FULL LINE...........Then you drive the car for about 10 minutes...........at the end of the ten minutes the oil is NO HIGHER ON THE STICK..........There is no smoke..........but you can tell right away how much less the engine noise is...........................Please tell me where the Motorkote goes.........no other addative does this.......??????????????????????????
I used to use "Slick 50" in my Datsun 1600 (180B "worked" motor) back in the early 80's on advice from the mechanic who built the motor. (I think a Slick 50 sales rep did a job on him). It did seem to lubricate the motor better as the revs at idle went up and had to be adjusted. It was also claimed that if you lost oil pressure or your sump ran dry for some reason, it would allow the engine to keep running for some minute without damage! Luckily I never had to test that.
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote