View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #53 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
You guys don't know about a one of a kind product .....so you start badmouthing it? I have a Doctorate in Chemistry......do you???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIEZ58wnUyM

its not an additive really, you add it to your oil but it blends with metal not oil. they put it with oil and it still coated the metal while they added lucas oil additive to same oil and nothing doing. THIS STUFF DOES NOT STICK WITH OIL! it coats the metal.

and no you dont add it every oil change. every 4th oil change they say to add it again to have it work the best and for $20 you get like 10oz and you add 2oz of that stuff to every quart thats in the engine, it can also be used in the transmission and other parts. but there is also a 32oz bottle for $32, which is what i got. once the stuff is added its there, it will never come off unless some kind of cleaner is used. but they still say add it every 4th oil change, which means 4 oil changes before adding again, so it performs at its best.

I'm not a chemist, but I've been around the block a few times. Worked with Synthetic oils for over 25 years.

We've seen and heard it all. All sorts of advertisements, videos, blogs, etc etc etc.

From Slick 50, SynLube, Camguard, Zmax, to false advertisements by big oil that they are 100% synthetic. There is literally 1000's of threads on this topic.

They all say they coat the metal. So some or most of us have become Skeptical over the years.

No one has ever witness this miracle solution for themselves. ALL WORDS.

I fully respect your profession and your understanding of the chemistry. Its all great on paper, but without independent review and proof, it's just that, a piece of paper.

Good oil, with proper additives is all you'll ever need. Specially one that is engineered by the designers of the engine.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. My intentions was to see what oil you are running and that you are aware of the VVEL issue. It seems that you are and can say the noise is not from there.

Besides trying to get a higher Octane gas, I am out of suggestions for you.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Last edited by ZoomZ; 03-07-2017 at 11:14 AM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote