View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post

My mind has been changing about AT vs MT vs DCT mainly due to the performance gap disappearing, but if I was rich and wanted a track Porsche, no doubt that I would go manual.

New Porsches could be dipped in dog-s**t and they still would look awesome!
Performance gap disappearing??? LMFAO!!
DCT has had an advantage over manual for 15+ years. When the Z first came out. They auto was the 4.6 to 60 and the manual was 4.9. with the auto having a .2 second lead in the quarter mile.
So I would say that auto superiority has been a long time happening. It's just manual heads are NOW FINALLY beginning to accept that manuals might be more fun.... I'll give you that. But have been honestly the inferior transmission for a decade. There's just no argument to that...

That said, I think it's AMAZING that Porsche did make a row your own in the GT-3. Cuz the 911R is freakin pricey.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-07-2017 at 09:34 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote