View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
No thanks, don't believe in additives not engineered to be in the formula to begin with. The claim is it is a generic fiction reducing coating on sliding parts which really isn't the same thing as what ester oil is for. The theory of esters is they bond at a molecular level with a pos and neg charge. If you were really concerned about it only being a friction reducer you can just buy a high grade synth oil made for flat tapet cams (has a high zinc content).

Personally I use amsoil which is a POA base synth but have heard it has esters and have heard it doesn't so don't know who to believe but have used amsoil forever with no issues and always ranks among the top. If really concerned about the ester oil then redline and Motul both make an ester based synthetic. Nissans is a conventional oil with esters added I believe so not as good as a high grade iv or v synth.

Pros and cons to both, supposedly the esters don't do as well if on a longer service interval as the POA.

Can go to bobistheoilguy and get lost for hours with tons of good info.
You do know it WAS NOT me who suggested Motorkote? I fully agree with what you have said.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote