Thread: Hello all!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Nice car and welcome to the forum

Now when you say ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View Post
my first 6-speed manual. Yeah decided to dive straight into the shark pit with this one.
Do you mean your first manual or first 6spd? Just a few thoughts:

( Click to show/hide )
If your first manual, do yourself a favor, and leave Synchro Rev Match ON until you can smoothly shift 1-2 at low RPMs (i.e. in a parking lot), at high RPMs (i.e. quick launch) and in between (i.e. normal street driving). Find someone with experience to help you if necessary.

Even if you have experience with manual, shifting gears in the Z can be a bit tricky. SRM is a great resource to learn how and where the Z wants to shift each gear at any RPM. Although it may bother experienced drivers who already rev match, it's an excellent reference point for starting out. It really helped me learn how to drive this particular car smooth. After 90K miles, I like it on the rare occasions I find myself stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I turn it off when I want to rev match myself.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote