View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzonts View Post
I use the K&N drop-ins and change my oil every 3,500 miles. I don't try to stretch the limits so I'm not too concerned. Besides, doesn't every CAI system use some type of non-paper filter? There are so many cars out there running these non-paper filters, including most FI setups.

However, I wouldn't use a K&N filter on a vehicle operating in dirty/dusty conditions.
3500 miles???? You might want to get a used oil analysis to see if your oil change interval can be safely extended and save some money.

On my G37, my oil analysis tells me that 7,000 miles of hard use (11 dyno pulls, multiple runs down the drag strip) the oil is still performing as needed. Iron and aluminium is low and the BN is still > 4.

Just something to think about.
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote