View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimiser View Post
As long as I can remember. Both when NA and now boosted.
Well it should be able to be tuned out if it truly is ping from ign. I see your on uprev and from what I have heard is that it doesn't have as much control over timing as ecutek. Maybe do a log and look for knock detect/ ign correction and see what's going, just a thought.

As to post above asking about if the dealer will check if your car has latest software. The answer there is most likely a big fat NO. Sadly techs are paid by a system called flat rate which is a time focused pay system not a quality focused pay system so they are there to get your car in and out as fast as possible with zero ***** given. Very few will go the extra mile and they usually end up leaving the industry after a while cause of all the BS, glad I'm out but miss the diag.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote