View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are stock from 2005-up on most Nissans. My 06 Xterra has it and I'm assuming my 2017 370 Nismo also has it. Haven't looked physically, but it is depicted in the 2016 Service manual. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are talking about the unit that the oil filter is screwed into?

Haven't proven mine yet, but many have reached high oil temps in hot southern climates or track/racing or while pushing hard.

Personally, I've never been a fan of fluid exchange type coolers. Can lead to many potential problems. Air/oil, air/water is my preference. If you get a crack internally, you will exchange water/coolant into the oil system. Nissan did this with the Automatic transmissions of Frontiers and Xterra's to horrendous results. The radiator portion cracked, allowed water to ingress transmission fluid, and ultimately destroying $3000 transmissions.

Many have gone with the Z1 Setrab oil cooler install and have reported drastic oil temp reductions. I believe it too. I believe it will also "loop" the water portion of the original oil/water cooler.

I think that is what you are talking about?

see also: Everyone with oil temp issues

Last edited by ZoomZ; 03-05-2017 at 03:49 PM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote