View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna Z View Post
Was the intake pretty easy to install? I'd imagine it'd be kind of a pain since you have to remove the front bumper, right?
So my Z is just my daily driver so I didn't want to go crazy on it. I was still hesitant to pull the bumper and need to pull the bumper every time the filters needed to be cleaned. After doing it once, I'll say it's easy. The initial install is a couple hours if you've never done it. I'd have someone help as you don't want to drop the bumper and handling something carefully that large is much easier with a second set of hands.

Once you've done it the first time, You'll understand, there's nothing to it. I am mechanically inclined, but this really is a pretty straight forward project. The only thing I used above and beyond what I would call basic tools I would say is a Dremel, with a sanding drum (these typically come with a dremel) which made quick work of enlarging the hole in the core support.

DIY Writeup here. <-- I left the strut tower brace in place. I didn't see a reason to remove it. I removed the lower splash panel, the front inner fenders, and the front bumper.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote