View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #471 (permalink)
daveb91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z
daveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond reputedaveb91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfromfl View Post
I'm not one to condemn innovation, and I'm interested to see where this project goes...although the potential hood issues (and impracticality of pleasing a variety of different Z owners) may keep this within a narrow niche.

I've pondered why turbos seems to be a more popular performance option for this car than s/c, and I think it's just a raw numbers thing of more hp. If you enjoy competitive drag racing, then that's another reason to go turbo. But if the car is a daily driver, or otherwise just gets used on public roads, s/c is clearly the better choice, with its superior power band, and as was mentioned above, closer in feel to a NA engine. I owned a turbo car years ago, and did not like the power band.

I know there are also enthusiasts who like things LOUD and to announce what's under the hood audibly, but there are also others (me included) who like to remain anonymous, and not annoy the neighbors!
I would say performance wise...its a great option...deal killer will ge the hood and I dont think I will be alone with that opinion. Dont have a problem with price just the damn hood thing.