View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #301 (permalink)
370zForever
Base Member

Drives: 09 Black 370z
370zForever is on a distinguished road
Question

Hey guys, got some great info on aerodynamics. APR performance has their front wind splitters that give added traction and downforce. No idea about weight savings, but I do know that you can send APR info about you bumper and they will send you a custom wind splitter designed for your car. About $340 and $850 for a honeycomb splitter made from carbon fiber, fiberglass, and nomex honeycomb. The honeycomb splitter is stronger and is very light. The other cool aerodynamic part that has come out is the Evo-R rear diffuser. The diffuser should work with the front splitter and the underbody to create good airflow and suck the car to the ground for added downforce and stability at high speeds. The diffuser looks like it was designed for style, but it does have aerodynamic effects. $389 for the rear diffuser. I really like these offers and want to get them. I, however, do not want to buy a bigger wing pack to work with the diffuser and splitter. I want the added performance from the wing, but I really cannot have a bigger wing. The problem with that is that the standard wing is not designed to work with diffusers to maximize downforce and airflow. However, that is not a big issue. The other thing is that the Z does not have a really flat underbody to maximize airflow, but it looks sufficient. I like the packages for the diffuser and the splitter, but I'd like some input from you guys.
370zForever is offline   Reply With Quote