View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #466 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

I just wanted to say that whatever comes of all this, this thread is really bringing up a lot of good points and is a good read, if nothing else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
What a lot of people don't understand is that the power delivery is completely different. You have more power under the curve in the PD supercharger setup and that at the end of the day wins races!
This is my preference when considering s/c vs. TT. Whenever I look at a dyno sheet, I don't look at the overall numbers, or what is happening on the right side of the graph. I'm looking at the left side, and the linear nature of the torque curve. That extra 500rpms in the 2000-2500 range means everything in terms of response and fun, instead of having to wait more towards 2800-3000.

I would much rather enjoy blipping the throttle at lower rpms and having predictable torque, than a turbo begging higher rpms and a speed that can't legally (or safely) be used in more than a handful of locations. I know lots of guys love this rush, but I fancy a more balanced machine.