View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ed_Collins
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370z MR A7
Ed_Collins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
There is one answer.

The battery.

Replace the battery in the key fob and I bet it works just fine again. All you need from Nissan is the physical key insert ordered and then cut to match your tumblers.

And yes Mitsubishi dealer should cover the physical key replacement, or the entire fob if that's how it has to be ordered by vin.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Note that I did replace the keyfob battery about six months ago. I replaced it because a different light appeared on the dash... the Intelligent Key System Warning Light. After replacing the battery, this light went away.

But you might be right... it still might be related to the keyfob battery. I bought two batteries at the time. Maybe I should replace it again already.

Note that the Service Engine Soon Light has yet to come on again. (The Nissan Service Manager said it eventually would.)

And after he told me the reason for the Service Engine Soon light was because of the key, I immediately asked him WHY I was just NOW seeing this light, after having had the car for more than two years.

He said he had no clue. But if it WAS related to nothing more than a weak battery in the keyfob, you would think he would have at least mentioned this possibility.

According to my 370z manual, there is ALSO an Unregistered Intelligent Key Warning Light . So this now brings us to three different warning lights that are all related to the Intelligent Key.
Ed_Collins is offline   Reply With Quote