View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #84 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Not stupid at all in regard to loving Japanese cars, since I have not owned anything else expect for a couple starter cars when I was in high school. I am right there with you with the Z as well. Even though I consider mine somewhat of a lemon I will be keeping it forever. I can definitely see the day when I bring it to a shop and give them $30K with the directive to "make this the best Z possible". The only cars that even are close to the looks of the Z would be Aston Martins and Jaguars IMO. I really like the Camaro and Corvette, but next to the Z they just look big and uninteresting. Every modification to my Z so far has netted a noticeable improvement which translates into MORE FUN!

We are both in almost identical positions, except unless Toyota blows it, the new Supra will be my next car. I am so anxious and excited for the unveiling in October! A purpose built chassis (in collaboration with BMW) by itself will hopefully translate into making it a superior curve-carver without having to put a ridiculously huge engine in it. Also, since I live in high altitude and experience winter weather I am very much open to a hybrid option to mitigate the issues I experience.

If they do blow it, then my fallbacks are:

Porsche 911 (AWD model)
Nissan GTR
Audi TT RS or S5 RS

I would have considered a BMW M2 or M4 but the piped-in engine noise is absolutely unforgivable (yet bizarrely purists in regard to only offering Ms in RWD). Being a "BMW owner" isn't something I aspire to either.

Mercedes is simply too expensive in the sense that if I am spending that much money, I would rather just buy a Porsche where I would get more bang for the buck.

I love the concept of the Alfa Romeo 4C and Giulia, but I would never buy an Italian car even though I love Ferraris.

Thanks for the insight and I look forward to what you land on in the future and the ensuing reviews!
The Audi S5 RS is a car I wouldn't mind looking into either. I've toyed with the idea, the interiors are amazing and the exterior is pleasant. Who knows?

The Giulia quadrifoglio ironically seems to have the most qualifications in being a true sports car outside of the Z. I look for a certain progression of performance that the Z, Porsche and seemingly now the Giulia has that other cars don't. With the power numbers to back it up.