View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #83 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I've been observing cars for 2 years...
Not stupid at all in regard to loving Japanese cars, since I have not owned anything else expect for a couple starter cars when I was in high school. I am right there with you with the Z as well. Even though I consider mine somewhat of a lemon I will be keeping it forever. I can definitely see the day when I bring it to a shop and give them $30K with the directive to "make this the best Z possible". The only cars that even are close to the looks of the Z would be Aston Martins and Jaguars IMO. I really like the Camaro and Corvette, but next to the Z they just look big and uninteresting. Every modification to my Z so far has netted a noticeable improvement which translates into MORE FUN!

We are both in almost identical positions, except unless Toyota blows it, the new Supra will be my next car. I am so anxious and excited for the unveiling in October! A purpose built chassis (in collaboration with BMW) by itself will hopefully translate into making it a superior curve-carver without having to put a ridiculously huge engine in it. Also, since I live in high altitude and experience winter weather I am very much open to a hybrid option to mitigate the issues I experience.

If they do blow it, then my fallbacks are:

Porsche 911 (AWD model)
Nissan GTR
Audi TT RS or S5 RS

I would have considered a BMW M2 or M4 but the piped-in engine noise is absolutely unforgivable (yet bizarrely purists in regard to only offering Ms in RWD). Being a "BMW owner" isn't something I aspire to either.

Mercedes is simply too expensive in the sense that if I am spending that much money, I would rather just buy a Porsche where I would get more bang for the buck.

I love the concept of the Alfa Romeo 4C and Giulia, but I would never buy an Italian car even though I love Ferraris.

Thanks for the insight and I look forward to what you land on in the future and the ensuing reviews!

Last edited by BlackZeda; 03-03-2017 at 07:25 AM.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote