View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #82 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Unknown 370; I see you are interested in quite a few cars, but I am wondering what likelihood of if and when you are going to do it? Are you looking to replace your Z and which are your frontrunners right now?
I've been observing cars for 2 years to add. People might find this dumb because people complain about our Z's so much but... with the minor mods I put in. I absolutely LOVE the Z34 platform. I've driven several cars. I can acknowledge that some are substantially better than the Z in overall performance. But the Z's weird combination of truckish pull, exotic style handling, progressively quick acceleration, poise in the curves, while it's NVH gives it a raw visceral feel really excites me. Our Z's have perfect power and feel very mechanical. Not Rx7 mechanical but... for the current times we live only the Z evo and STi give you that certain visceral feel that makes Japanese cars exciting.

That's why I fear the next generation. If the Z becomes any more muted. It will feel like every other performance car. Sure, everything is better than the Z according to the status quo. But the Z is still king in my book when you talk about passion. I WILL NOT SELL MY Z. But I also think about on the final year model Z34. I'm considering getting a NISMO. But that's is separate of my next two purchases. I will most likely get a second year Giulia but I'm really really hoping for a Z35 that doesn't disappoint.

If that doesn't work out, I will open the option of the new Supra. If that doesn't work out. I will now have to sacrifice funds I didn't want to spend and go upmarket on a sports car. If I go that route? I really don't want to go past $130k. So the cars I'll look at are...

2018/19 Porsche 911 GTS
BMW M2
Camaro ZL1

In the running but dimensions are odd.
Mercedes amg GT S maybe, depending on price
Corvette GS

As stupid as it seems. I truly love Japanese sports cars. So I rather buy an underdog but...
If I did something like buy a Porsche? It'll be my last sports car for a DECADE.

Oh... I get angry with Nissan cuz, Nissan has literally held up my purchase because of their lack of info. Yes Nissan has had me on freeze like a biatch.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-02-2017 at 04:47 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote