View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senna-F1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370SC,EliseSC,MR2T
Senna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KngScottieV View Post
With the adjustments on the pedal are you sure you're having a full release of the clutch when you press the pedal down? Maybe it's only partially disengaging and so you're feeling it still up against the pressure plate a bit.
I think that would make sense if I were trying to shift gears when this happens. But with how this happens, it would be like others experiencing this when pressing in the clutch pedal only partially. All I'm doing is pressing the pedal, in 1st gear, preparing to stop. It's not just a grind, sometimes it a pretty significant clunk.

In thinking about now, and when it occurs, it's seems like a magnified version of what most 370z owners complain about when they press the clutch pedal in for 1-2 shift and hear that rattling sound similar to a motorcycle/race car sequential gearbox selecting 1st gear. Except now it like "oh crap, what just happened, will my car still move?"
Senna-F1 is offline   Reply With Quote