Thread: Firestone Sucks
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
Goodyear alignments suck too. Years back while getting my Vette aligned, I saw the alignment guy banging on the sensors that mount to the wheel. Banged them a little then did the wheel turn thing and checked the numbers. Kept doing it until the machine said it was in spec. Freaking retard! In a 69 Vette you need shims for the rear toe adjustment. So bought a shim set and had it ready for them. This time at Wheelworks, this guy still wouldn't touch it. It's worth the extra money to have it done by someone who isn't an idiot. I haven't let anyone touch the alignment on the Z yet. Tires wear perfect so I'm not going to let them screw it up.
Good call, don't touch the alignment until you have a reason to ; i.e. uneven tire wear or handling issue.
The majority of shops will screw it up even more.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote