View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketman View Post
Okay, I have been following this thread for a while now and as your kit nears production I have to ask a couple of questions. When the 350z first came out and supercharger kits were hitting the market, the one that caught my eye was the HKS. It used the Rotrex supercharger, I liked it because it didn't have the high pitched whine like the procharger and the vortech. However the kit didn't stay on the market long as there seemed to be a problem with the rotrex unit, then HKS and rotex had a falling out, end of kit. Sam and Mike, have you heard this before and if so what was the problem and has it been corrected? I look forward to seeing your complete kit, more so than the Stillen, mainly because it appears that you are maintaining the dual throttle bodies in the factory positions. Purely for the symmetry, I think it looks better under the hood.

I don't know what happened between HKS and Rotrex, as I am not privy to that sort of information. However, Rotrex is a well known and respected name in the industry. Their products also carry a 2 year warranty. We are contemplating extending that to 3 years although that is not confirmed yet.

In regards to CARB certification, we do not have any control over that, and therefore, have no idea how long that will take.

-Mike