Thread: Firestone Sucks
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
ecoplunge
Base Member

Drives: 370z TS M6
ecoplunge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone a few years ago with the Z.
In my hometown, I lived by a pretty honest shop that would always do my car and get it in good specs.
After moving, I haven't found a good shop yet.

It's always been a runaround: "We don't do low profile tires" "Your wheels are too large" (19") "Our mounting tools would scuff your wheels at that profile"
I ended up getting a referral to a TiresPlus after going to 4 shops, which ended up forwarding me to another Tires plus.

At the end of all that, they said they couldn't do camber in the rear, despite my Z having camber arms that make it ridiculously easy to adjust.

Ever since, I've taken it to local independent shops that charge under $50/alignment, do it exactly as I've liked, and don't give a runaround.

Firestone's lifetime warranty might be a good deal if you have time to play their game, but the added hassle and lower quality service isn't worth it for me.
Same experience on initial install of new tires. Went to 3 Firestones before I found one that said they could do it. Didn't inspire confidence.

Let this be my request for recommendations for an Orlando shop that does race car alignments. Anyone? I'll pays the money, I just wants the good service!
ecoplunge is offline   Reply With Quote