View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ed_Collins
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370z MR A7
Ed_Collins is on a distinguished road

Update:

I did go back to the Mitsubishi Dealership after work yesterday. I sat down with one of their Sales Managers and fully explained the story.

He was polite and personable. We talked for ten or fifteen minutes. Without him coming out and actually saying so, he did seem to agree with me that yes, we should have provided you with the right key, a physical key that will lock and unlock the doors and glove box!!

He said it wasn't up to him, but he made copies of all of the Nissan paperwork from my service call at morning. He promised he would be in touch with me soon. He did say he needed to pull up my file. He also he would also pull up their file from the person who they bought the car from, although I don't know how that information would be needed.

I do agree with one or more of the posters above that they probably knew, at the time, it wasn't the right key. I suspect that scenario is probably more likely than not.

The ONLY worry that I have is that too much time has passed. I suspect that will be their only "defense." I myself don't think that should matter, but obviously I'm a little biased.

We'll see what happens! Thanks again for the feedback and comments!
Ed_Collins is offline   Reply With Quote