Thread: Firestone Sucks
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone a few years ago with the Z.
In my hometown, I lived by a pretty honest shop that would always do my car and get it in good specs.
After moving, I haven't found a good shop yet.

It's always been a runaround: "We don't do low profile tires" "Your wheels are too large" (19") "Our mounting tools would scuff your wheels at that profile"
I ended up getting a referral to a TiresPlus after going to 4 shops, which ended up forwarding me to another Tires plus.

At the end of all that, they said they couldn't do camber in the rear, despite my Z having camber arms that make it ridiculously easy to adjust.

Ever since, I've taken it to local independent shops that charge under $50/alignment, do it exactly as I've liked, and don't give a runaround.

Firestone's lifetime warranty might be a good deal if you have time to play their game, but the added hassle and lower quality service isn't worth it for me.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote