View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jlev12
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Touring S
Jlev12 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Turning/ Handling Issue

Hey all, first post here.

I've been having an interesting issue with my 09 370, hoping yall can help shed some light on the situation.

I hit a healthy pothole while taking a pretty hard corner a couple weeks back, and that's when I started noticing the issue. The turning feels degraded, definitly not how it used to be. The car feels uneasy and almost queezy feeling at higher speeds. Hitting any bumps while taking a corner throws the car all over the place it feels like. It used to track right over bumps no problem. The most significant thing Ive noticed is the leaning and G-force when turning. I remember distrinctly that when I'd take hard corners in the car, I'd be glued to my seat physically. After this incident, I'm leaning all over the place in the car. To the point that if I take a hard left, I have to brace myself on the center column with my knee to not fall over. In general, the handling is much worse than it used to be, and it's very annoying.

Now, I've taken it to two shops. The first was a mom n pop, and they "looked at the car" and said there was nothing wrong. and I say "looked" very loosely. Alignment was a tad off, so we did that and moved on. No change.

The second was a local dealership. They looked at nothing unfortunately. The shop foreman took it for a test drive.. a very calm and leisurely test drive might I add, and said there's nothing wrong with the car, and it's all in my head...

I'm going to have to move on to self diagnosis. Once I know the issue I can force the dealer or a shop to look at what I suspect is busted and move from there.

Any ideas?

I've read similar threads here with similar issues, but none feel as though they are my same problem.

Thanks

Jake
Jlev12 is offline   Reply With Quote