View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

I went to the track long ago on February 11th, even though I got better laptimes at track and felt the car got big potential, I suffered from excessive oversteer. The day ended when I experienced the lift off oversteer on a high speed turn luckily no injuries to me or the car, just some dents to my volks

My setting was:

Height from ground to fender line: Front 680mm Rear 690mm
Full hard front Coil and 10 from soft rear
Front swaybar on full hard and rear on medium
Alignment -3 front -2 rear stock toe (I believe both in F0.08 R0.11) Caster 5.5

So to solve and after a lot of asking around and research, I did the following to try to get the car to understeer and then will try one by one adjustments:

Rear height lowered by 15mm (transfer more weight to back and avoid lift off oversteer)
Swaybar full soft at back
Less aggressive alignment -2.5 front camber -2 rear caster 5.5 toe in 0.05 front in 0.11 rear. The toe is the thing I didn't understand, the guy who worked on my car said that stock values in his Hunter machine is showing the 0 toe although it is not, and I think I will get SPL rear midlink to get more toe adjustments.

There was a trackday on February 17th, but rainy one, so no laptimes or testing. This Saturday hopefully the weather will be great and will have a chance to try the new adjustments. If there is no improvements, I will let one of my friends (who participate in local and regional road race events) to drive the car and give his suggestion.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote