View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that heavy as they won't need to spray it on that thick. The texture actually kind of sucks to clean as crap gets in crevices.

However, the biggest problem... You do know there is basically no coming back from this right? The texture is there. Getting the panels smooth again requires stripping everything, which is virtually impossible. You can sort of do it chemically, but then you end up with bare metal in places you don't want bare metal, which means rust and corrosion.

Lets also look at this from the other side, it's nearly impossible to touch up in a seamless manner. You can't blend the stuff. If you chip a fender, all you can do is touch it up but now the chip is a different thickness. If someone backs into the quarter panel of your Z, they can't do anything but layer everything on thick enough to try and blend everything together. You can see how this gets troublesome in a hurry.

I have a Jeep, and put truck bed liner in a few spots on the exterior many years ago. My entire tub is truck bed lined inside. I can tell you first hand the short comings. This year when I started the rust repair on my Jeep and prepping it for paint, I can tell you I definitely wished I had never put that truck bed liner on the outside of my Jeep. And that's on a Jeep that get wheeled.

Last edited by OhioYJ; 02-27-2017 at 08:50 PM.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote