View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #1664 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Here is an update just in case folks want to know about how long they have when an issue arises. I am at 27K miles and the CSC is leaking. I am seeing the fluid level drop in the reservoir. I have my new clutch kit and CSC in hand so I will be changing it out soon. I just wanted to see how far it would go after the first sign of an issue.
If it's just the fluid level in the reservoir dropping, it's probably your master cylinder. The level drops when fluid gets past the seals - usually because of contaminants from the deteriorating CSC. When the CSC fails, it's typically catastrophic and you'll see fluid leaking from the transmission bell housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewrjontan View Post
How much are you guys paying to have the deletes/upgraded csc installed?

I have my Zspeed delete kit (still need to get a master cylinder) on hand and will be ready for it to go, but I am curious as to how much it will cost me.
DIY They shouldn't charge for more than 7-8 hours of labor for the transmission work. Labor is typically $80-120 per hour depending on the region.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote