View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #90 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=b1adesofcha0s;3620595]Ok fair point about first impressions. However, as someone who has owned both cars for an extensive period I can tell you for sure that the C7 is definitely not "out of place" on the dragon. I will definitely say that statement is not true.

My comparison wasn't against a stock Z either. When I had my Z down at the dragon, it had swift springs, eibach sways, custom alignment, full bolt-ons, and a tune. It would take MUCH more than that to make it comparable to the C7. The biggest advantage for the Z is definitely the price.

LOL @ Mustang mentality. When you're trying to explain why you'd rather have a modded Z over a C7 and make statements like "better isn't always better", maybe you should look in the mirror about that Mustang mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Oh my goodness you make me want to drive and bring my C7 and test it at the dragon. Having the C7 just for a few months and only driving it for 300miles. I think I need to learn and respect the car more as it's really a fast car and would demand a lot of driving skill to drive like a mad man at the dragon.
The corvette packs double the power of my Z with less the weight so go figure how the vett does when you drive it. It's a bullet with 4 wheels.

Longer wheelbase makes it less nimble as the Z. But once I get more driving time with my vette, I'm sure I'll be able to control this beast.

The C7 vette is certainly a different type of car, I love my 370 but the vette hits the sweet spot like a G spot. Ask a satisfied girl and you know what I mean.

Kudos.
/QUOTE]

Nice! I 100% agree with that last paragraph. I loved my Z, but I have had way more fun with the C7. Especially true at the dragon for ZDayZ. I went last year like 3 months after buying the car. I did build confidence in driving it on the dragon pretty quickly. Seemed like every day I had to take down the traction control one level because I was driving that much faster compared to the previous day. Then I let Z1NONLY drive my car with all the traction control off to show me just how slow I was actually driving it

I think the seat time will make a difference. Also, I haven't driven the base C7 in that kind of environment so I can't really comment on how that performs. If you ever get a chance to drive a Z51 with the magnetic ride suspension, I think it will change your opinion. The price tag though is the biggest hurdle to get over. That's why I bought a used one and to me the price difference was absolutely worth it.

I almost never drive in economy mode. Last time I drove it in economy was when I reached the top of the dragon and the gas light came on, lol. I DD it on sport mode and kick it into track for spirited driving. BTW if your looking for any mod ideas, check out my Corsa Xtreme exhaust video from my sig. It is the perfect exhaust note for this car and IMO no exhaust on the Z could ever make it sound this good.
When I said better isn't always better. I meant it in this scenario.

1. Maybe 460HP may be a lot for some people to handle in the corners with how wide the car is...

2. Maybe the car might have too costly maintainable for some buyers.

3. Maybe people are searching for more analog experiences I.e. lotus evora or 4C.

We established the corvette is a superior vehicle to the Z. But better isn't always better was referring to what people may demand out of their car. You not being able to still decipher what I meant and me have to explain the mustang mentality is proof of your "get off my lawn, mustang mentality".
Cuz by saying better isn't always better I was talking about what kind of characteristics I want from my car.

That's what I'm having a hard time with when it comes to my Z. That Alfa Romeo Giulia seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. But I want it low slung n in 2 doors and a hatch. That's why I beat off to that 6c sketch every night. Wishing and hoping for something like that in a low slung coupe with Giulia performance. Another car that makes me nut that would be great in a RWD hatch is the AMG GLA/CLA45

Those are the characteristics I'm looking for, just analog. I'm praying someone does it without the electronic crap. While my experience behind a corvette GS was phenomenal. I know what stirs my soul. To me a v8 car like that is a secondary goal after the kind of car I just described. Everyone has their preferences.