View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #86 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

A good analogy of my experience; if you put the new miata and our Z on a go-kart track, the Z won't be able to shine.
I had the same experience with a base c7, I drove both cars back to back on some twisty TN roads, analogous to the dragon, but with tighter curves and less room to really open it up.
No one is disputing the c7 is a faster car in the proper environment, all I am saying is from my limited test drive (maybe 50-60 miles max) it felt way too big and did not feel like the price tag was justified vs my sport package Z.

If I was on road atlanta or buttonwillow and had more seat time I am sure my experience would have been different, but I still stand by my opinion its too much of a car for the kind of driving I am doing, maybe if I ever move back to FL I would definitely consider it again.

I will admit when I got on the interstate the c7 made a lot more sense lol, its a highway bomber, we are talking b52 vs A10.

Last edited by Redglare; 02-25-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote