View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210Z View Post
Okay so the problem has been found and (hopefully) solved. I had one of the techs at my work help me lift and look under the car. After removing the wheels we noticed the brakes had quite a bit of rust build up and it turned out being poorly installed brake pads. The previous owner must've installed or had someone install new pads and they never greased the shims. Pretty simple thing to do but they cut the corner. We cleaned and greased the shins and we also used a product called Stop Squeal by BG. So far after 100 or so miles of driving I haven't heard a hint of squeaking. All suspension components are in good shape so it had to be the brakes.
Be sure he greased the slide pin's w/approved grease...as 1 of the 2 have a rubber sleeve over the end's of them...both front/rear.
wrong grease can cause swelling of the sleeve & then seizing of the the slide pin ; resulting of more problems.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote