View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY!!* Whose gonna love a Z more? The French guy or the Japanese guy?
I see high funding for the Z when it goes into production. I wouldn't be surprised this move delays the Z a Lil longer. For the better though.

Ghosen. Showed no love to enthusiasts. The Z, GTR sentra n Juke needa get done right if they gonna carry a Nismo name.
What's wrong with the GTR? Low production number cars have long lives in the car selling world. You can't compare it to the Corvette either. That is anything but a low volume selling car. You can't really expect Nissan to put out a new halo car every 5 years. There was a reason Nissan was in deep financial woes prior to the arrival of Ghosn. At least they kept it competitive and gave it tweaks over the years, culminating in one hella expensive and fast Nismo GTR.

Sure, Porsche can do it. But they're largely an SUV brand these days and sports cars were their thing since day 1. They were never really setup to be a high volume selling company. Plus, have you seen the exorbitant prices they charge for anything related to their cars? Nissan was always a DD car brand with sprinklings of sports cars.