View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure OP is getting the feel that we're kinda talking him down, and I'm pretty sure that's no one's intention really, but to add:

I personally think the real takeaway from this is careful judgement and foresight. You did your research on what parts to buy; not sure how meticulous you were with troubleshooting, anticipating issues, and how to go forward with each move vs. simply getting them installed.

You literally drove with multiple breather mods and no tune for months, and by 2014 I'm pretty sure there was a sleuth of posts regarding automatic transmissions and this car you could've read up on.

This whole account reads like you were in a candy shop filing your bag (car) as you please. It's not even necessary to list the price tag of everything. I'm wondering how much coordination was done between Motion Labs and Stillen to sort out the HFC issue before accepting the idea of shaving the steering shaft bolt. I would not have proceeded at all until that was actually understood.

The ECU warranty issue is also something you should've anticipated the very moment you went for EcuTek. "Warranty" and "ECU" are such key terms that go together.

I'm sorry, but it's true. I can buy into the idea that one can have supercharged daily and be perfectly fine, but it boils down to proper precaution and planning. There is some misfortune, but this could've been approached more carefully with what sounds like better driving to go with it. With the amount you spent, and desire to have a faster, louder car, you probably were on your way to a Corvette.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote