View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

A couple things come to mind:

1. You should start buying tools and wrench on your car yourself. There is things I suggest you don't do yourself until you know a bit more about cars, but installing stuff like an air intake is easy peasy and should not cost 200 bones to do so. Also, if you do the work yourself and you take your time, you'll know it was done right. That is the biggest reason to start turning wrenches.

2. You modded an auto transmission and it subsequently died. I'm not surprised. In my experience, a car that comes in auto and manual trims, the auto will be much weaker in comparison to the manual. Look at the old NSX- the manual pushed 290hp but honda kept the auto at 270hp. The auto transmission was purposely kept with lower power so as to not kill the tranny. I can think of a handful of other examples where the auto was never as strong as the manual.

3. Sounds like you suffered a series of unfortunate events with your first Z. Most were minor, right until the end. No idea why your o2 sensor was chewed up- I feel like it was the shop that butchered it. Once again, a reason to do work yourself!
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote