View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #200 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I can afford to buy an M4 and maintain it....

BMW sucks!!! They lost their way in the late 90's. Period. Of course, corporate sponsorship won't allow mainstream periodicals to preach such truthful heracy. It's funny how the M2 has gotten so much praise but hasn't been compared to anything in its price range on a track. Every car has been compared except the M2. Everyone says it's the second coming of BMW. But where are track comparos to cars in its price range like the camaro 1LE, Mustang GT350, Porsche Cayman S, Corvette Z51, Audi TTS or Lotus Evora

You won't find any.... Why???

The media protects BMW for corporate cash.
Bmw died from me when they went the FI route in the F8XXX series,

the e92 and e90 were the last true M enthusiast cars. I drove a new m4, the car had trouble putting power down on nice grippy michelin tires, it was fun for the first couple of miles but then it just got annoying, that huge torque hit at 2000rpm is great on paper but in real life, if you are not running slicks or some extra wide summer tires, you WILL not hook up - and if you do its because the TC just cut your power. What the new M cars really need is AWD but that would even farther drive them away from what we love about the M cars.
That experience was in summer btw, I don't even want to know what the car with some light snow or rain.

bmw if you are reading this; give us a modern e46m3
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote