View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #66 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
It's a cop out for those who don't want to spend the time learning some valuable skills.
Blame the millenials ... why waste time learning skills when technology can do it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
I can't think of any other car that has SRM. So what happens when a person moves on from their SRM equipped Z?
As already mentioned in this very thread, there are other cars with SRM, although I don't know of any cheaper than the Z. Manuals are going bye-bye in general, so I expect those manufacturers that keep one around would use this feature to appeal to people with limited stick experience.

I used SRM to 'learn' how the Z wants to shift, both upshifts and downshifts. It was really nice being able to let the car tell me how to shift, and replicate it myself later. I love SRM's convenience when I'm in traffic and constantly shifting, although I hate traffic and this is rare for me. And I love that I can turn it off. I think the market is there and rev-matching will be a popular option for any manual transmissions that manage to stick it out (pun intended ).

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote