View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #58 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Agreed...I have done the same; SS brake lines, better brake pads, Castro brake fluid (the good stuff lol), APR brake ducts, Stillen brake cooling and Z1 master cylinder brace. So yes there is a lot of room for improvement and if they are wanting to keep up with the competition, they will upgrade the brakes as did Ford and GM have done.
I have a sneaking suspicion you might end up dissapointed. The best I figure we will see is Nissan returning to Brembos again. I hope they do, but I'm not holding my breath. Switching to Akebonos was a cost cutting measure, over the arguably more expensive and better Brembos from the Z33.

I dunno... Just look at the Z34 price point. We already know (or suspect) the 400hp TT setup is coming. Now add Brembos on top and whatever other improvements we want to see over the Z34, shiiiiiiet... We might be asking for a car that really does hit the 60k mark. Would you be willing to pay that price?

I'm secretly hoping Nissan pulls a magic card out of their *** and gives us the car [most] of us want, at a price [most] of us are willing to pay, but I guess time will tell if it actually hits the mark.

You're right in saying that GM and Ford added nice brakes, in addition to a ton of power and pretty nice handling suspensions (or at least way nicer than they did in the past), but one thing they didn't give a crap about was weight- the Z34 uses extensive amounts of aluminum and Nissan did their best to keep the weight down... That in itself isn't cheap. So which would you prefer? I doubt Nissan will give us everything.

Last edited by Nithmo; 02-21-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote