View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Total D
Base Member

Drives: 03 Nissan 350z PPW M
Total D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Is this going to be available after the group buy ends? I'd like to jump in now, but I've got to see how deep the IRS is going to jam it in me before I commit to spending any money.
That really depends on how well these sale. However, you will save $130 getting it now vs waiting. You know your situation better than I, so I don't want to push you into buying if you're not ready. I understand other parts of the build can be more important at a particular time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
Same here

Interested but currently I am not ready to do it. And will look at option #3 when I am ready to pull the trigger.
Sounds good! Look forward to assisting you when you are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Runner View Post
Will option #3 perform better than Nismo oil pump?
We used a Nismo pump as our base. To be honest with you, there is no difference other than gears for the Nismo model compare to base pump. So guys running the Nismo pump are paying almost $1k just for gears and name.

Advantages over Nismo are as follows:

1. Your getting more for your money.
2. The material used for the Nismo pump is still not as strong as the material we use.
3. You get a billet backplate to eliminate any flexing under higher pressure, also a better seal.
4. Gears are treated so that they give better performance in the pump and also protection against each other for running on each other for periods of time.
5. The pump is actually modified to accommodate the gears. Not modified to make the gears work, but so that you get the best outcome from running the gears and pump together.

Hope that helps some.
2003 Twin turbo 350z *under construction* 1500hp | 2016 Lexus RCF 435rwhp | 2017 Raptor 400rwhp
Total D is offline   Reply With Quote