View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #1527 (permalink)
StillenZ84
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT S/C
StillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkcow500 View Post
Whoops, I thought I responded to this already, but I guess I never hit sent.

Here's the deal with the Ti trim blower: Vortech specifically makes it for a company that sells aftermarket SC kits for the C7 Corvette. You cannot have your unit upgraded/converted by Vortech, since it runs a larger volute and impeller.

Your only choices are to buy one straight out like I did, have superchargerrebuilds bore your unit and replace the impeller (Their 'Ti trim' upgrade), or do what Evan is doing and have 928 build your blower.

No updates on my build yet, since the car has been in the body shop for the past month +. When it's done I'll be doing my serp side pulleys and flex fuel dyno tune.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yep I thought the best route while still keeping the stock Vortech head unit, was to just send it to 928 and have them do the super vortech upgrade. All new bearings to support up to 72k rpm, their impeller, high performance seal on impeller shaft, HSS steel bearings, and they shim and adjust the impeller. Im planning on around 18 psi with this setup with my new build. Should put down some pretty good numbers for sure.
AtA SC|9 lb pulley|2.85" SC|3.47" Jack|E85|CJM S1-SE|ID1000s|Walboro 485|Zeitronix FF|Stillen CBE|AP Racing|Level 10|F.I. Flex plate|Nismo-S tune|EcuTek RaceRom|Sebz|Speed density|Haltech|3GsCustoms Dual pod a-pillar|Carbon Signal GTR gauges|Fujimura|Built| CP Pistons/Carrillo rods|PortPolishHeads/intakes|928motorsports IG: evanosteenz34
StillenZ84 is offline   Reply With Quote