View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
DaveMNH
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z Roadster
DaveMNH is on a distinguished road
Default Just bought another 370Z Convertible

Hi,

Just bought my second 370Z convertible, 2012. Let me give you a brief story of the first one I owned for 2 months. It was a 2013 convertible, one owner the dealer I bought it from said it was one owner, guy never drove it it had 18,000 miles and just traded it in. It was in mint condition. The day I looked at it it was pouring raining out....they brought it in garage for me it looked good from outside. It drove good, the top rattled but just thought it was the top. The car needed tires and the rims on right side were all nicked up, I just thought he couldn't park. We made a deal and it included the dealer writing me a check for new tires and I would have them installed(good thing I did). My wife and I took car all over for the next month, finally ordered tires and my son has a shop so I brought it to him and put it up on his lift. WOW!! the whole right side underneath was damaged, radiator pushed up, sub frame cracked, yes sub frame had a huge crack in it, then damage all the way down right side along with damage to rear suspension. Along with bondo, etc.(couple photos enclosed) I stopped right there took car off lift, called dealer and you know how the story went...he didn't know anything, there top mechanic checked out car, the dealer basically blamed me. I told him there was rust over everything and I was bringing car back for a FULL REFUND including my registration fees, inspection, etc. To make a long story short we argued back and forth for three days, I brought car to dealer handed him the keys and he promptly gave me a check for everything including my registration, etc. Of course he wanted to sell me another car which I quickly declined.
Well I found a 2012 black convertible with 23,00 miles, guess what I had dealer do before buying it, put it on his lift so I could it out, everything looked great and the deal was done. So I now own a 2012 black 370 convertible that so far has been good! and happy to be a Z owner again!

Last edited by DaveMNH; 02-17-2017 at 07:30 PM.
DaveMNH is offline   Reply With Quote