View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
One wheel bearing has been replaced already (left front).
I plan on replacing the Right-front as well.

The cabling and wheel speed sensor hardware looks okay upon visual inspection.

The alignment is spot on.
The steering wheel has never been removed.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
Halp ?

Here's how I'd approach it:

1) Find a friend that has access to a scanner that will read all data, including ABS & traction control (usually Snap-on) ask them to ride along with the scanner plugged in and watching the ABS and wheel sensor lines

2) When the lights illuminate, pull over but don't shut off the car, leave it running and see what the scanner tells you.

3) Trouble shoot from there.

You need to find out what area the system says is causing the problem, so you have a starting point. My suspicion is that since 'lots of turning' is involved, your problem might lie in the front harness by the wheels, something rubbing or getting pinched in the suspension. I'm presuming you have inspected the connectors for corrosion/dirt and that those connections fit together snugly without any strain.

Did this problem first show up after replacing the left side wheel bearings? If so, it is possible that the problem is in that side harness, possibly the harness got accidentally wrapped around something, putting tension on the connector when you turn.

GL and let us know what you find.