Thread: 125+ how often?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:49 AM   #131 (permalink)
Z1NONLY
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 FR-S
Z1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
You're just being silly. =) Speed is a rush/scare (i.e. excitement) for most people.... It may not be for you, but if you can't empathize with the rest of the human population, I'd say you might be a sociopath. =)

edit: I mean no offense here - just wanted to point out that you are a silly guy.
Changes in inertia are what you actually feel. Being pushed back in the seat when launching from a dead stop, transitioning the car through twisties, trail braking into a decreasing radius turn etc.

Do you get excited when going hundreds of miles per hour in a passenger jet? (At cruising altitude when nothing else is going on? ) No? What if you had a speedometer disply on the seat-back in front of you? I mean the number would be impressive...but there is no "feeling" to cause a "rush" unless you hit turbulance or something.

It's the same thing when driving a stable vehicle in a straight line at a steady speed....the speed doesn't matter when it's steady or changing at a fraction of the rate you could accelerate at much lower speeds. Nothing is happening.

The fear of getting caught or having something happen without time to react might cause a "scare", but it's not something I would seek out for its own sake.

*edit* I see you are in St Pete. My club is holding a fun day this Saturday in Lehigh on an old WWII air strip. It's only for members and invited guests. If you would like to experience some excitment in your vehicle, PM me.

Of course, we hold events open to the public too, but you can get a lot of seat time Saturday if you want.

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 02-16-2017 at 12:07 PM.