View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Raeshlavik
Base Member

Drives: 18 Murano Midnight
Raeshlavik will become famous soon enoughRaeshlavik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
Objectively speaking, our car is outdated. We all know that. It was new-feeling for like...2 years? Overpriced is each to their own.
Outdated - or trying desperately to remain true to form?

I actually think the Z is still pushing the envelope -just on the other side of the curve; it feels a bit like Nissan is desperately trying to figure out what they can still do, as a real sports car, and still sneak into places like California...
  • NA cars are going the way of the dodo because of pollution controls.
  • Computerized nannies are on everything because Joe Sixpack figures putting his foot in it 30 seconds after startup is okay, or that the car should tell him when to have an idiot at jippy lube "change" the oil.
  • Cars get heavier and bulkier because of crash standards. (It's actually hard to put the required number of airbags in a 2-door...)
  • More electronics get installed because people can't be arsed to look before changing lanes or put down the phone before backing up.
  • Electric steering is essential because the car is expected to avoid accidents, not the driver.
  • There's even a problem with putting a high-performance engine in a car, because you need the driver to buy high-test - and they wont because it costs an extra quarter.

So I don't think it's so much Nissan missing the boat on the new hotness - I think they're dragging their feet because they really can't make a Z-car in this day and age without it costing $80K...
Raeshlavik is offline   Reply With Quote