View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #3236 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
Unfortunately, it's the sign of the times. It does look like Nissan seems to want to concentrate on SUV's and sedans and leave the rest to Infiniti.
I believe I mirrored these sentiments earlier in this thread. It makes more sense in the grand scheme of Nissan's branding and the overall trend in the automotive market.

I really see companies like Nissan being the utilitarian brands of transportation (autonomous, ride-sharing focused... "sell the transportation need") while the luxury brands "sell the experience" of higher end cars that offer either or both super cushy or sporty cars.

This makes sense for Nissan to push more of this off to Infiniti because that brand needs an identity far more desperately than Nissan does.