View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #3231 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
The reason i asked is because, about a week ago, this guy was on my tail like crazy, anyways we pull up to a red light. he has the new Q60 coupe(2doors) AWD with TTVQ.

So asked him, does he have a switch or something to go from AWD to RWD?? He answers NO, but there is this electrical link that if you unplug thats located in the back of the car(he dint specify where exactly) the car will become RWD. This is why i asked.
AWD on the Q or GTR is NOT full time. It never has been. The car is ALWAYS in RWD UNLESS the car senses loss in traction, then in milliseconds it activates to enable AWD. I believe their are aftermarket controllers and overrides for part time AWD. He must've had extensive knowledge n just knows where that controller plugs in. So he just disconnected the wire without actually using the aftermarket part.

Better to save the extra 200lbs n buy RWD.