View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
JTM88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
JTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
here is the response I posted; of course it got censored by the article editor, so much for freedom of speech.

"The design and the car is dated, but the fact remains - this is the only affordable porsche cayman fighter out there.

It sits in such a position where its filling the gap between the FRS and the Camaro/Mustang.

You are shopping for a dedicated sports car, and want something lighter than the mustang that handles good but is more powerful than the FT86.

You can pick up a base 370z right between the price point of the two cars listed above,

Yes it’s dated, in the same sense that the A10 warthog or sliced bread is dated, the Z has no ‘true’ competitor. The closest car in its class is the porshe cayman, which is in a different realm from the price point.

If you go into used market you can get a very clean example for much cheaper than a new FT86,

it puts down a respectable 0-60 even today (4.8sec is nothing to scoff at),

Its not the fastest thing on the road (but its not the slowest either)- and its not mean to be fast in a straight line, if you want an all in one good handling package from japan that has some oomph, you go for the 370z simple as that.

Sure the car has some flaws, but so do all the other cars out there.

This is exactly the reason why the used clean examples are holding such good value.

When nissan does come out with the next gen, the 370 will still remain an awesome bargain proposition.

-as far as ‘dated’ technology; can you point on what is dated in it besides the design?? (which is still so rare on the streets that it somehow remains fresh)

-let’s see; carbon fiber drive shaft, BBK, synchro rev matching, proven stout powerplant, lighter than the 350z, enough power to hold its own, fun to drive.

None of those things above seem dated to me, if anything is dated is the new STi, what did it bring to the table besides a new body?"

There's a reason I stopped reading their articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk