View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that would be a perfect place to put them and your right, almost like it was designed for some there. I'd imagine any cat would live very long in that location. Glad you have an easy solution.

Now with your test pipe problem. If it were me I would just gut those cats and keep them on there. Hell, they are pretty much gutted already from the sounds of it..lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoulaZ View Post
A2A kit hasn't arrived, but both boxes have apparently landed in Australia. Might get them by the end of the week if I'm lucky.

And I reckon your idea is by far the best solution, moving the Cats further down. Can't be coincidence that on the Z32 TT platform I had before the Cats were also in the middle of the vehicle and not right after the dumps.

Currently have the Motordyne E370 CBE, and just so happens there's an ideal section for them, complete with OEM Heatsheats hah. Shouldn't be hard to undo a couple of V-band clamps, take those pipes to a nearby exhaust shop and get them welded in place. Photo attached.

Can't get Mil.Spec local, but Magnaflow gear which I've used before is also a great easily sourced local brand. Can't imagine each 100CPSI 3" IN/OUT Cat would cost more than 100-120 AUD each.

What I will need to get shipped is a decent pair of Test Pipes now... or Long Tube Headers if I wasn't scared at the thought of trying to undo the stock Headers in that tight arse space.