View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

A2A kit hasn't arrived, but both boxes have apparently landed in Australia. Might get them by the end of the week if I'm lucky.

And I reckon your idea is by far the best solution, moving the Cats further down. Can't be coincidence that on the Z32 TT platform I had before the Cats were also in the middle of the vehicle and not right after the dumps.

Currently have the Motordyne E370 CBE, and just so happens there's an ideal section for them, complete with OEM Heatsheats hah. Shouldn't be hard to undo a couple of V-band clamps, take those pipes to a nearby exhaust shop and get them welded in place. Photo attached.

Can't get Mil.Spec local, but Magnaflow gear which I've used before is also a great easily sourced local brand. Can't imagine each 100CPSI 3" IN/OUT Cat would cost more than 100-120 AUD each.

What I will need to get shipped is a decent pair of Test Pipes now... or Long Tube Headers if I wasn't scared at the thought of trying to undo the stock Headers in that tight arse space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
If you simply MUST have cats then dont put them way up high by the exhaust manifold, they will get too hot there. The best thing is to put them downstream where they will keep cooled from air passing by them and not being bolted to a red hot manifold.

Mil.spec have been holding up the best.

Mil.Spec :: Universal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cats Relocation.JPG (162.1 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by MoulaZ; 02-14-2017 at 11:29 PM.
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote