View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
and yes poster above lift off oversteer is scary as hell lol but I kind of got used to it in old car as that is how you can cut the turn in FWD which actually seems more tail happy than my Z, but it is a slide for live feel and thankfully have not had it happen in the Z.
My rear is higher than front by roughly 15mm, empty trunk, half petrol tank, and whiteline swaybar on medium setting (I know it is not best setting, but was eager to try new coilovers) I was managing it until the tires became hot and viola It is a horrible experience and could be worse, tbh I was reckless (noting that I was over 85 mph when it happened) Thankfully no injuries or scratches, only small dents on the Volks to remind me of it, never owned a FWD car, only time tracked a fwd was on Nurburgring and I didn't push the limit. Wouldn't like OP to be in the same situation if he got coilovers before his first track day.

And since OP has SS lines and upgraded pads I agree with most people who suggested an oil cooler, it is a must. Tires in good condition also a must but I think he needs to feel the limit of the car in his first run on track, so against having Extreme performance tires. He shouldn't focus on posting fast laptimes, they will come automatically with more seat time .
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote