View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
Being that you're (me) not always flashing or logging, I have no issues taking my laptop down to the Z and connecting it via the standard OBDII cable when I need to.

Since I finally got those darn Motordyne test pipes installed last weekend, I've been logging and flashing back and forth with Seb. I've actually made it a bit more fun as I've talked my girlfriend into going with me to do the logging and flashing as she gets to hold the laptop and hit the button to start and stop the logging.

Also, I noticed that Ventruck mentioned that the 3rd gear pulls should be started at 2500 rpm. Well, I've been doing mine from 2000. Seb never told me any different, so I guess it was alright starting there.

On a side note, I noticed today that when I upshift from 3rd to 4th at high rpms in Map 2, near redline, I get a nice hallow sounding "pop" out of the exhaust. Nice!

Starting earlier shouldn't be an issue. If anything it ensures you're logging the range he's looking for, with some extra sampling to observe.

I had my brother handling the laptop. No offense to anyone but doing it solo isn't the best idea.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote