View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
After reading of the disaster that was Car and Drivers evaluation of the Nismo Z I've been looking in to some upgrades. Now it seems to me that the only possible upgrades are Pads, Shims, Fluid, SS lines, Venting and Rotors. Out of those 6 only Pads, SS Lines, and fluid are readily available. I'm not counting 1-piece rotors, and any venting will likely be home-made. Also some sort of high temp dust boots or out and out removal of the dust boots is probably necessary.

My question is even with all 6 (7) will the Akebonos ever be good enough? How much better will Pads and Fluid make things? I don't want to do SS lines because, if memory serves, SCCA forbids them on newer cars.
For lighter track works, pads are the biggest problem. Fix that, then go for SS lines and fluid. Better rotors are a plus and there are more 2-piece options hitting the market in the next few months.

For more serious track work or to improve pedal feel and modulation, a proper BBK would be necessary. Those calipers have a limit.

Chris
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote